At SGC, the key to successful M&A is a reliable model that is founded in accurate due diligence. M&A due diligence in today’s global marketplace is a demanding, high-pressure undertaking that requires considerable skill and expertise. Due diligence is a vital activity in M&A transactions, and may consume several months of intense analysis if the target firm is a large business with a global presence.
The SGC team helps the client formulate a strategy that addresses the following questions:
- Do we buy?
- Is so, how should we structure the deal?
- How much should we pay?
To answer this question, we focus on four areas at a target firm:
- Strategic Position
- Financial Data
- Operational Assets
- Legal Matters
We focus primarily on the Southeast Asian and Middle Eastern markets providing expertise in research and due diligence to facilitate smart M&A decisions.
- Identify companies meeting the client’s criteria for potential acquisition and provide in-depth analysis to facilitate senior management planning
- Conduct due diligence on regional companies in support of accurate valuation and M&A activities
- Have worked directly with executive team in support of acquisition projects with a combined valuation of over $100 million
- Provide economic consulting and market research for clients involved in FDI in Thailand and greater Southeast Asia
- Contribute to standardized macroeconomic reporting for subscription-based products focusing on Southeast Asian markets
- Deliverables include valuable insights from specific research projects, syndicated studies, and competitive intelligence